The miscanthus that we use to make our bedding is grown sustainably on UK farms. It is finely chopped and conditioned to expose the inner core which significantly increases absorbency. Easy Pack Miscanthus bedding is packaged in tight manageable bales, that are easy to handle and load into the car.
Features of Easy Pack Chopped Miscanthus – 20kg bales
- Extremely absorbent – can absorb up to 3 times its own weight in liquid. It locks in moisture reducing waste and absorbing ammonia smells.
- Versatile – ideal for traditional or deep litter beds can also be used on top of rubber matting
- Naturally unpalatable – Due to the harder outer casing of the miscunthus stem the bedding is less palatable and doesn’t need to be scented.
- Low odour – Chopped miscanthus naturally absorbs ammonia.
- Dust Extracted – reducing dust for a light, airy, healthy stable.
- Biodegradable – rots down quickly and can be spread straight on to the land saving money on muck removal whilst providing an ideal fertiliser for your fields.